Holistic education encompasses development of the cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains. It is imperative that students are provided the opportunity for development of each of these domains. Following the Guidelines of CBSE, oue curriculum is designed to ensure this:
Cognitive Domain Parameters:
- Complex thinking skills
- Information gathering and processing skills
- Collaboration and cooperation skills
- Communication skills
- Productive habits of mind (critical, creative and self regulated thinking)
Affective Domain Parameters:
- Discipline, Responsibility, Values and Leadership
- Emotional intelligence, i.e. ability to manage emotions, manage ones motivation, empathy and managing relationships.
- Stages of development, i.e. trust, autonomy, initiative, competence and identity
Psychomotor Domain Parameters:
- Physical fitness - strength, endurance, flexibility, speed and coordination
- Skill at individual and team games
Each student is assessed on the various parameters of each of these three domains of learning. This ensures that the students focus on these areas and produce creditable performances. Simultaneously, through our tutorial system, each teacher mentors 15 to 20 students round the year to ensure that regular coaching and counseling is available to them.
At the start of the academic year, every student is asked to set his target for the year. His/her progress is, thereafter, monitored regularly by the tutor and interventions provided whenever necessary. This is reviewed regularly by the house master, counsellor and teachers.
The School [Class IV to XII] prepares students for the Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) examinations of CBSE, New Delhi, with English as the medium of instruction.
Following the guidelines of CBSE the school diligently follows the CCE pattern so as to promote a tension free learning environment for students upto the Secondary Level. The Evaluation Process at Vidyagram is an essential segment of the Scholastic and Co-Scholastic Programme. Intensive and meticulous planning & preparation by teachers ensures comprehensive learning, unfolding the students potential in order to capitalize upto the brim of their performances and bring out the best in them.
Subjects and Combinations Offered
- English and Hindi are taught in the classes IV & V
- Three languages - English as first, Hindi as a second and Sanskrit / French as a third language are taught in the classes V to VIII.
- Two languages English (Core) and Hindi / Sanskrit / French (core) are taught in classes IX and X.
- English (core) as a compulsory subject is taught in classes XI && XII